Asian Fish Cookery
The fragrant flavours of South-East Asia combine brilliantly with fish to create healthy, stylish dishes perfect for either a light supper or as part of a more elaborate dinner menu. Steve will take you on a culinary tour of the region, explaining how to prepare and cook a variety of indigenous ingredients to create authentic, delicious dishes.
- Fish selection, freshness, filleting and preparation
- Cooking techniques (poaching, pan-frying, deep frying)
- Marinades, Spices and Sauces
- Vegetable Preparation and Garnishes
Dishes will vary with the seasons and currently include:
- Fish Green Thai Curry
- Pad Thai Salad with Prawns
- Tempura of Salmon Nori
- Goan Fish Patties with Tamarind
- Escabèche of Fish and Shellfish
- Nage of Fish and Shellfish, Lime and Coriander
Special dietary needs will be accommodated where possible, but must be advised at time of booking. Techniques and dishes covered may change in line with availability of produce.