Cooking for Dinner Parties
The Gourmet Dinner Parties Course is popular and great fun. We spend the evening teaching you to create beautiful but simple dinner party dishes – perfect for impressive entertaining. We will show you techniques and skills that you can then replicate at home, in particular how to present food which will delight any guests at your dinner party. There is always a fanstastic atmosphere on the Gourmet Dinner parties evening and this is a great course for inviting a guest diner along. Gourmet Dinner Parties is held on a Friday evening so you can relax and enjoy yourself with good food and good company.
Our instructors are qualified Chefs with many years training in some of the top kitchens. We have created an informal and fun environment taking you through each recipe step by step. This is a hand’s on course with our instructors available to assist you thoughout your evening.
The evening starts when you will be welcomed by your course host and introduced to our fellow students. We will give you a short Health and Safety briefing and talk your through what we will be doing during your course. At the end of the cookery we will move to the dining area where you will enjoy a meal of the dishes you have created along with a glass of wine and the company of fellow students.
Typical Course Dishes:
- Confit Duck and Parma Ham Ballotine
- Black Pepper and Parmesan encrusted Cod, Butterbean, Chorizo and Caper Cassoulet, marinated shaved Fennel
- Strawberry Terrine, Black Olive Caramel, Vanilla Ice Cream
During your Evening we will cover:
- Knife handling skills and chopping techniques
- Food preparation techniques using freshly prepared ingredients
- The creation of a variety of different dishes
- Food seasoning with natural flavours and ingredients
- Dish presentation techniques
General Course Information:
- Skill Level: Beginner - Keen Cook
- We only offer this course as an Evening Course
- We limit the number of places available on this course
- Course times 6.00pm - 9.30pm
- This course has a guest dining option - please note there is a charge for guest diners