Cuisine Based - Day Courses
The Italian Cookery Day Course
The richness of Italian cuisine lies in its diversity, each recipe, each dish has its own history. Discover the flavours of Italy and how to produce traditional Italian dishes that celebrate and use seasonal produce. This boot-shaped country is comprised of 20 regions, each producing its own culinary treasures.
Our instructors are qualified Chefs with many years training in some of the top kitchens. We have created an informal and fun environment taking you through each recipe step by step. This is a hand’s on course with our instructors available to assist you thoughout your day.
The day starts when you will be welcomed with tea and coffee and the opportunity to meet your fellow guests and instructing Chef. We will give you a short Health and Safety briefing and talk your through what we will be doing during your course. Refreshments will be served throughout the day with lunch usually be cooked as part of the course.
Typical Course Dishes:
- Pasta Making
- A variery of Pasta Sauces and Pesto
- Basil Gnocci with Tomato Concasse
- Perfect Risotto
- Spicy Pork & Fennel Polpette
- Fennel and Parmesan Gratin
- Vanilla Panacotta
During your day we will cover:
- Knife handling skills and chopping techniques
- Food preparation techniques using freshly prepared ingredients
- The creation of a variety of different dishes throughout the day
- Food seasoning with natural flavours and ingredients
- Dish presentation techniques
General Course Information:
- Skill Level: Beginner - Keen Cook
- We offer this course as a Day, Half Day & Evening Course
- We limit the number of places available on this course
- Course times 10.00am - 4.00pm