You don't need to be able to chop at chef speeds to cook well, but learning how to use knives to their best effect in the kitchen will make your cooking more effective and more enjoyable.
This half-day course will show you how to select, use and maintain the correct knife from the basic cooks knife set including sharpening, chopping, filleting and other fundamental techniques.
You will work with the following knives
- Chefs Knife - chopping, slicing
- Boning Knife - working with meat
- Flexible Filleting Knife - fish filleting
- Paring Knife - peeling and preparing
- Knive Sharpener
Half Day Course Format
- Our half-day courses are a great way to learn a specific culinary skill or enjoy a particular cuisine. During a morning or afternoon session you will enjoy, hands-on cookery with our experienced instructors.
- At the end of your cookery you will get to sit down and enjoy your culinary creations with a glass of house wine. Anything leftover is yours to take home.
- We have created an informal and fun learning environment so whether you are an experienced cook or compete beginner you will be sure to get something out of your time with us.