Half Day Courses
Korean Sharing Feast
There’s a great buzz around Korean food right now, and it’s no surprise given the robust, addictive flavours of the cuisine. Join Da-Hae West, owner of Korean street food truck Busan BBQ and author of K-Food to find out how to create modern Korean dishes that are deliciously easy to prepare and are the perfect party food to enjoy with friends.
Da-Hae West is a Korean cookery teacher, consultant and author of K-Food. Born in Busan, South Korea, Da-Hae moved to England when she was three. Watching her mother in the kitchen inspired a love of Korean food and in 2012, she opened Busan BBQ with her husband – a street food truck selling modern Korean food at pop up restaurants and markets across London. In 2015, Octopus Publishing published her first cookbook K-Food – a mixture of the traditional dishes she grew up with along with ways to use Korean ingredients in a more modern way.
Da-Hae is an authority on Korean food, having worked as a researcher for Gizzi Erskine’s Seoul Food and Home Economist for John Torode’s Korean Food Tour as well as appearing on the BBC’s One Show and The Travel Channel’s Footie Shorts. She works closely with the Korean Embassy and Korean Cultural Centre as a cookery teacher and was a judge at their 2015 Global Taste of Korea Contest, a speaker at Hottest K-Food and held Korean cookery classes and demos at London Korean Festival 2017 which had an estimated 7000 attendees.
Typical Dishes will include
- Korean Fried Chicken: the ultimate, crispiest crunchy fried chicken
- K-Fries: Loaded fries with kimchi, marinated beef and cheese
- Gochu Twiguim: Stuffed battered chillis
- Bulgogi Burger: Beef burger in a sticky soy sauce
- Pork ribs: Sticky ribs in a spicy sauce
Your course starts at 6.30pm when your host will welcome you to the school, after a short Health and Safety briefing we will talk your through what you will be doing during your evening. You will get to taste all your dishes in the Inspired Gourmet Dining room.
- Course times 6.30pm - 10.00pm
- This course is only available as an Evening Course
- We limit the number of places available on this course
- We need a minimum of four students to run the class